Services for Private Equity and Venture Capital funds
Facts about deal origination
• Deal origination is a time-intensive activity. Less than 5% of all ideas find favour.
• Competition for good ideas is high - not only from other PE/VC investors but also from trade buyers.
• More than 80% of PE/VC time is spent in fund raising from LPs, leaving very little time for idea scrutiny and selection.
• PE/VC investors are being increasingly required to articulate their own growth strategy in order to convince management teams to partner with them.
PE/VC funds basically invest in the potential high growth of their portfolio companies. Therefore, it is critical that they assess and
ensure that the growth drivers of the business is in place, before they invest. Further, they need to ensure that these growth drivers are
nurtured by the management team during the life of the investment in order for the fund to realize a profitable exit.
Wouldn't it be great if you had a single instrument that could help the fund manager during the entire investment lifecycle -
from idea scrutiny through deal monitoring and finally exit?
An Intellectual Capital
Report is just such an instrument. It is effectively a performance scoreboard that will enable the fund manager to quickly understand the value proposition of the prospect
in terms of its core competencies. You will see how these core competencies are managed
by the prospect for sustained value creation. What's more, you will also receive an unbiased independent valuation of these core competencies,
that can be used to up-sell the investment at exit.
Discover your Prospect's Intellectual Capital using ICValue™
ICValue™ is a comprehensive framework developed by Attainix Consulting for defining the Intellectual Capital of any
business in a three phased manner, as follows.
• Phase 1 - Basic IC Report : In this phase we use more than 600 standard pre-defined indicators and as many
custom indicators as are relevant, to describe the key aspects of your business. These indicators are assessed for strategic relevance
using five rigid tests.
• Phase 2 - Enhanced IC Report : Next, we discover the core competencies of your business and map them to the indicators
identified from phase 1. A single core competency may be mapped to more than one indicators.
• Phase 3 - Model IC Report : Finally, we value these core competencies using top-down and bottom-up algorithms developed
by Attainix Consulting.
One report - three benefits
We 'package' all this information for you in the form of an Intellectual Capital Report that can be used for
1. Making better investment decisions at the time of entry
2. Monitoring the health of investments during their lifetime
3. Serving as the foundation for creating the exit pitch!
Find out more about Intellectual Capital Reporting and Valuation
- Download our pdf whitepaper What is an IC Report?
to see how we create an Intellectual Capital Report using the ICValueTM methodology.
- Check out our ground breaking tool - the icTrackerTM to discover
how we value the Intellectual Capital of the some of the best known businesses around the world.